Monday, June 9, 2008

June Update

Hello Out There!

It's been a while since I've updated this page, but I'm finally getting to it. Blogger has been throwing some hoops in my way, but I've finally managed to jump through them.

The past few months have been loaded with intense weekends in the mountains, training for the big climb. Last week I completed my first solo mountaineering climb up Mt. Dana: a normally long, high, but easy walk in summer, but when covered in snow, it becomes a full on peak complete with some great route finding. Gearing up with crampons and ice ax, I shot up the North Face through a few gullies, then walked along the corniced ridge to the summit. It was an amazing day and I felt really strong. I'm actually getting on track and I'm feeling confident that Rainier should not pose too many problems.

Before Dana, I hit a number of other spots: Donahue Pass in a snow storm, Matterhorn Peak winter ascent, Round Top winter ascent, a long slog up Clouds Rest from Yosemite Valley in snowshoes and various other rock climbs throughout Yosemite and the Eastern Sierra. It's been a busy spring and I'm super stoked.

Thanks to everyone that's been donating to date. We're up and past the $500 mark and I'm looking to get on up there one move at a time. If you haven't made your mark, please head on over to my Climbing for Kids donation page . Remember, you're donation goes directly to helping get inner city kids outside and into nature!

No comments: